General membership may be offered to the Head of a non-government school which is not-for-profit and where the Head has the autonomy to determine staffing, curriculum offerings and administration of the school.
General membership criteria
Aspirant members hold senior leadership positions in AHISA schools and are selected and nominated by their Heads, who will initiate this process. AHISA's CEO will advise of membership approval.
Aspirant membership information
Aspirant membership nomination form
1) Initial contact is made with the state branch chair, who will discuss membership criteria, obligations, benefits and the process. The offer to submit an application is made.
2) The applicant fills out an online application, which is forwarded to the applicant’s school board chair for endorsement.
3) The application moves to the state branch chair for endorsement.
4) The application is forwarded to members of AHISA’s national board for endorsement.
5) National office processes the application and membership becomes active.
6) An information pack is sent out as well as login details for the AHISA website.